Continuous Improvement Team Lead
Toccoa, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The responsibility of the Continuous Improvement Team lead is to ensure that the improvement activity within the plant is maintained. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of the supervisor. The Continuous Improvement Team lead will report to the VP of Operations and or the Plant Operations manager.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
- Lead company’s Continuous Improvement Program
- Develop in-house training on CI tools and methodologies and guide employees.
- Lead team meetings, document clear actions and enable timeline achievement
- Support CI initiatives and company teams post event for completing action items.
- Perform post mortem meetings after events and address to-do list items.
- Offer weekly report on company activities to Plant management.
- Offer technical expertise to company on statistics, Six Sigma methodology, tools and practices.
- Train and mentor on Lean concepts to employees during improvement events.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine metrics
- Troubleshoot manufacturing / business and assembly issues
- Develop process flow mapping, material flow,
- Develop Project plans in advance of events and prepare team, equipment and purchases,
- Identify Production capacity using actual against planned efficiencies and remove road blocks to meet quoted cycle,
- Facility design and create process documentation
- Develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Design, Install and debug improvement equipment and tooling
- Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to Future State
- Develop and conduct compliance audits, program evaluations and reviews to drive results with the fortitude to ensure change is permanent
- Coordinates with related departments and functions to assure appropriate information flow and understanding of overall process improvement direction.
- Prepares purchase information for departmental management review to identify materials, software and other resources required for effective implementation of Continuous Improvement.
- 5S training and implementation
Other Main Duties:
- Works in safe manner as an example to all employees
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the supervisor about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager/supervisor
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to read and comprehend CAD
- Excellent verbal skills
- Applicants must have at least four years hands on experience
- Must have good vision and eyesight
- Must be productive in a team environment
- Required to work around production hours as scheduled
We are an equal opportunity employer