Clanton, AL | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The purpose of the position is to assist in the definition and drive the execution of the Adient JIT manufacturing IT and controls strategy. This person will be a key resource to provide technical project leadership to ensure that controls and data management systems which are deployed in JIT assembly are standardized and aligned to the safety, quality, and financial goals of Adient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Design and development of the manufacturing systems’ network architecture
· Develop specifications for manufacturing equipment networking and communication
· Long-term implementation of new shop floor architecture and MES system
· Maintain and ensure compliance to equipment and process standards including specification, purchasing, design reviews, validation and installation.
· Ownership of requirements relating to manufacturing data integrity
· Interpreting customer data collection requirements
· Manufacturing data management procedures
· Specifications for implementation of current manufacturing standards relating to data integrity, specifically as it relates to critical to safety and critical quality data
· Direct interface with Adient / Business Unit IT teams
· Direct interface with Adient Application Development teams
· Launch planning / AME support for IT and Shop Floor Controls
· First responder for IT / Shop Floor Controls / data integrity issues at JIT plants
· Identify ‘critical to manufacturing’ functions in the IT / Shop Floor Controls networking space based on current standards
· Identify, analyze, and implement innovation opportunities in the IT arena
· Identify, qualify and develop new equipment suppliers. Build relationships to ensure fundamental understanding and consistent execution of standards.
· Drive process to evaluate supplier performance, provide feedback and improve execution.
· Maintain and ensure compliance to equipment standards including specification, purchasing, design reviews, validation and installation.
· Coach AME teams through equipment process to train on standards and expectations for execution.
· Define requirements for refurbishment and redeployment of used equipment.
· Provide equipment cost estimating for new program quoting and strategic projects.
· Develop technical specifications for automated assembly equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job description outlined above is not intended to be a detailed list of job functions or responsibilities. It outlines the essential functions of the job. An individual may be required to perform other duties form time to time. The company reserves the right to amend, change or delete the contents of this description
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
Minimum 5 years of industry experience – automotive interiors experience preferred
Experience with seating products desired
Manufacturing system design
System specification, ordering, run-off, installation and qualification
Capital equipment budget planning and tracking
Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
Ability to draw two dimensional layouts in CAD software
Analytical problem solving
Project management - plan development and execution
Ability to interact with IT groups, and understand network topology
Equipment controls networks and design
Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with a cross functional team
Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority is required.
Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
Ability to travel (Globally) to support product launches and technical problem solving
Thinks Analytically - The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
Drives for Results - The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
Influences Others - The ability to persuade others to support your agenda / objectives
Drives Accountability - The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
Other: Ability to travel and support key initiatives as well as product launches
Send Resumes to JohnN@apstechnical.com