Facility Mechanical Engineer
Clinton, SC | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Under indirect supervision engineer, plan and identify timelines for facility and operational projects that contribute to the success and growth of the company. The role is essentially two phases: The startup and commissioning of a new facility and then the ongoing maintenance while providing engineering support to the operation.
- Develop technical project plans, cost, timelines and identify proper vendors to support the identified project.
- Determine permitting, DHEC, state and local requirements that pertain to the identified project.
- Understand and engineer solutions related to electrical, sewer, water and air systems.
- Once site is commissioned, champion management and maintenance of all facility systems.
- Knowledge of R.O. Water systems a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple vendors and in house functional groups toward timely completion of identified projects
- Understanding of liquid manufacturing, filling, packaging and the mechanical/electrical aspects of such is a plus
- AB familiarity and automation experience required
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Provide weekly/monthly updates to Senior Leadership
- Basic understanding of cost accounting and ROI calculations is preferred.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Chemical Engineering required. 4-6 years as a successful plant and or project engineering with demonstrated facility and operational successes required. Sound knowledge of engineering, systems and project management required for success.