Montgomery, AL | Temporary
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provide material handling functions of raw stock and supplies into plant. Prepare and provides material handling functions to ship finished goods.
1. Written and driving hi-lo exam are required.
2. Operate hi-lo, hand trucks, and other material handling equipment.
3. Read and understand work orders, invoices, shipping, and receiving documents.
4. Follow verbal and written instructions.
5. Working with all departments provides all materials needed to process orders, remove all finished goods.
6. Must be able to function in rush situations.
7. Operate equipment / perform duties in a safe manner at all times.
8. Ability to climb appropriate ladders to obtain stock and supplies from upper racks.
9. Operate banding machine.
10. Report any discrepancies in documents, cartons, labels, etc., to supervisor immediately.
11. Report any unsafe and/or hazardous areas to your supervisor immediately.
12. Maintain housekeeping throughout warehouse area.
13. Perform other plant functions when required or assigned by the supervisor.
1. Standing, walking stretching.
2. Lifting 75 lbs., lifting and manual material handling is significant part of job.
1. Reading skills to understand and follow written instructions. Requires familiarity and understanding of shipping and receiving documents.
2. Writing skills to fill out shipping and receiving documents.
3. Basic math skills and understanding of weights and measures.
4. Accuracy of counts and reconciliation of documents is particularly important.
5. Keyboard proficiency, some typing or computer is required.
6. Operate equipment/perform duties in a safe manner at all times.
7. Work with lead person when assigned to second shift.
Drug screen and background checks are required.
All applicants can submit their resumes to email@example.com or contact the office directly at (334)274-1004 to personally speak with a recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer