Internal Compliance Auditor
Birmingham, AL | Temporary
This hands-on role is responsible for coordinating and carrying out internal audits to provide independent assurance of compliance with internal controls, customer requirements and applicable state and federal law.
We are looking for an experienced professional with a relevant internal audit background to enhance the function within the company. The candidate must have a pragmatic and detailed approach as well as extensive audit experience ideally gained in a branch operation. The role has a broad scope with exposure to an extensive range of business operations. It is essential that the candidate has an excellent appreciation of key business functions in a commercial environment.
The role will require 80% travel
- Staffing industry experience preferred
- A Bachelor s Degree
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in auditing and operations.
- Detailed-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills along with demonstrated ability to collaborate with others.
- Ability to tactfully, independently and persuasively provide critical and sensitive feedback to the most senior levels of management.
- Proficiency in conflict negotiation and resolution is preferred.
- The ability to perform assignments in an independent and autonomous manner with minimal direct supervision.
- Ability to utilize various computer software to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Operate and maintain a rolling internal audit program for all branches.
- Assist in development and review of the audit plan, updating and adjusting as required.
- Create and present, in writing or orally, high-quality audit reports.
- Continuously use internal audits to assess departmental processes and support their re-definition or streamlining for greater operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support the business in defining appropriate corrective actions to resolve non-conformances.
- Monitor the timely resolution of non-conformances, ensuring non-conformances are appropriately progressed and closed.
- Construct process flow diagrams that illustrate the various business process activities and interrelationships.
- Define, develop, and evaluate performance metrics to establish process success. Work with multiple departments, often with competing/conflicting objectives, to ensure cohesive and reachable measures of success. Review data post-implementation to measure success; participates in defining standards of improvement success.
- Conduct business process training.
- Research best practices and prepare recommendation on appropriate solutions where applicable.
- Lead or support regular business meetings as needed to support all primary duties and responsibilities.
- Assist with the handling of all other external audits and responses to customer s enquiries.
- $50, 000 - $55, 000
- Excellent benefit package includes:
- Two weeks vacation to start
- Holiday Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Two weeks vacation to start
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY