Laminate Treater Operator
Ridgeway, SC | Temporary
- Effectively / efficiently set-up the Treater per established parameters (recipes/speed matrix) and other machine settings per specifications and guidelines drying start-up, changeover and shutdown operations.
- Make necessary adjustments to maintain and ensure both physical and cosmetic performance of treated materials per established criteria.
- Maintain maximum machine uptime and product yields.
- Move varnishes and solvents from the mix room(s) to the Treaters and vice versa.
- Ensures the correct raw materials are used per Work Order BOM
- Conduct and document all product test required by product specification including treated weight, scale flow, minimum viscosity/flow window and volatile content.
- Works in conjunction with Quality Assurance to ensure the materials produced conform to internal and industry quality criteria and specifications.
- Handle and store chemicals properly, including disposal of chemical waste per internal and RCRA standards
- Respond to chemical spills and properly handle the disposal of hazardous waste
- Effectively communicates with Area Lead and/or Maintenance when equipment problems arise
- Effectively communicates with Engineering and Quality Assurance to address any quality issues with the produced product or raw materials
- Record downtime and stoppage and all necessary paperwork
- Effectively use a tape measure and other measuring devices as necessary
- Assist in Preventive Maintenance as assigned
- Cross train in other areas
- Perform SAP transactions
- Ability to work in a physical environment with exposures to chemicals, noise, dust, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- Assist other operators to ensure timely shipment of product
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned work areas including equipment, tools, and work surfaces
- Use Lean/Six Sigma methodologies to improve the process
- All employees will be required to participate in training and continuous improvement events.
- Ability to work within a company registered/compliant to National and International Standards and Requirements, and contribute to those standards and requirements. For Example: ISO, EICC, OSHA, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You may begin the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview.
Please bring unexpired identification for the I-9 process.
Automation Personnel Services
1350C Bush River Road
Columbia, SC 29210
Only qualified applicants will be considered. IND123LI
Equal Opportunity Employer