Montgomery, AL | Temporary
Under general supervision, sets up and operates standard milling machines, lathes, and
other machine tools as directed in the support of research and development activities.
Assists in the design and fabrication of fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet
special scientific needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates manual lathes, manual mills, or other machine tools to fabricate parts.
2. Builds and/or modifies part(s) in accordance to established specifications to meet
specific project requirements.
3. Repairs and/or modifies existing part(s) in accordance with established
specifications and procedures.
4. Assembles or assists in the assembly of experimental apparatus according to
engineering instructions and technical manuals.
5. Check machined parts in accordance to specifications and with Quality Control
6. Performs basic measuring instruments.
7. Assists in the maintenance of parts and supply inventory and in the ordering of
8. Assists in record keeping, to include schematics, mechanical drawings,
documentary photographs, and sketches.
9. Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies;
promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Technical certificate, or equivalent coursework or training in a directly related area with 6
months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to operate manual lathes, manual mills, and other related equipment to
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to perform standard shop computations.
- Ability to read schematics, engineering drawings, and technical manuals.
- Ability to assemble, repairs, and modify scientific equipment.
- Ability to read, understands, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to read and understand measuring instrument
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments. IND123LI
Automation Personnel Services
6983 Halcyon Park Drive
Montgomery, AL 36117
Equal Opportunity Employer