New Orleans, LA | Temporary
Responsible for keeping the company equipment operating at top efficiency. The primary function of the Industrial Mechanic is to support Production Operations by maintaining and repairing all aspects of commercial laundry equipment. Such equipment includes washers, dryers, ironers, feeders, folders and material handling equipment. This role also supports plant infrastructure such as boilers, air compressors, hot and cold water systems, etc.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Key job duties include maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and installing 240V, 3-phase power to equipment, PLCs, VFDs, A/C and D/C motor controls and combustion systems, steam, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical drive systems, including pumps, motor gearbox assemblies, conveyors, and other equipment.
- Must have knowledge of 3 phase voltage and control voltage.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair motor control circuits.
- Able to read and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Able to troubleshoot some older machinery when no schematics are available.
- Should have good mechanical skills and ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Able to tack weld
- Ability to handle physical requirements, including but not limited to, kneeling, repeated bending, stretching, twisting, and lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Able to complete part requisition forms and work-order paperwork to document work performed.
Strong candidates are:
- Focused on strictly adhering to safety procedures such as lock-out, tag-out.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Organized with strong time management skills.
- Good communicators, able to work through problems with other team members or equipment vendors.
- Reasonably computer literate.
- Forklift certification testing.
- Able to obtain 2nd Class Boiler s License.
Competitive Benefits Package once becoming a permanent employee
Temp to Hire Position
Must be flexible with Shift: Monday - Saturday, Hours vary
Compensation: $18.00/hr. - $24.00/hr.
High School Diploma or GED required
Background Check and Drug Screen Required
Email resume to APSNewOrleans@apstemps.com or call: 504-888-4705
Or apply in person today at:
Automation Personnel Services
4027 Veterans Memorial Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70002
Please bring a valid Government Issued Identification for the I-9 Process
Equal Opportunity Employer