Norcross, GA | Temporary
1) Performs any combination of following duties in preparing logs for cutting into lumber and storing cut lumber in sawmill: Unloads logs from trucks or cars.
2) Rolls logs onto sawmill deck.
3) Examines logs for defects, such as embedded pieces of iron or stone, decayed wood from splits, and marks defects for removal by other workers.
4) Rolls logs from deck onto log or carriage.
5) Rides log carriage of head saw and adjusts position of logs on carriage to cut planks of required thickness.
6) Sorts and guides planks emerging from saw onto roller tables or conveyors for trimming edges.
7) Straightens lumber on moving conveyors.
8) Straightens edges of rough lumber, using saw.
9) Sharpens and adjusts teeth of woodworking saws.
Pay rate: 9.00hr
Apply and forward resumes to email@example.com - Or complete your application at our office location 4850 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville, GA 30044.
-Drug screen and background are required
Equal Opportunity Employer