Pre Sales Engineer
Midwest, NY | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Do you have a desire to put your skills into practice in a small company serving over a hundred of the world’s largest corporations? Are you a big picture thinker who pays attention to the smallest of details? Are you a hands-on leader willing to go the extra mile and do what it takes to reach your goals? Join a rapidly growing company at the cutting edge of large-scale content delivery and make a real impact.
This position will work remotely and is required to reside in the north east region or the north central region of the United States.
- Working closely with account executives and providing technical leadership to develop new business for our solutions for the Fortune 1000
- Understanding the customer’s business and technology requirements and aligning the appropriate Technology solution to meet customer needs
- Presenting and demonstrating our solutions and assisting customers in technical evaluations
- Creating technical proposals for customers and prospects which present our solutions and benefits
- Effectively communicating product requirements from the field back into engineering
- 50-60% domestic travel
- Strong focus on generating revenue and high customer satisfaction
- Exceptional time management and organization, and the ability to manage a predefined project or process requiring the participation and assistance of individuals from multiple functional areas
- Confident and energetic; professional and team-oriented sales approach
- Excellent presentation skills, and written and oral communications ability
- Excellent listening skills; the ability to understand the business needs of prospects/customers and to explain how our solution can meet their needs.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of Sales Engineering and/or System Engineering
- Strong background in enterprise networking technologies
- LAN, WAN, UDP/TCP, Firewalls, routing protocols, unicast/multicast, VLANs, VPNs
- Understanding of enterprise, internet and web technologies
- Security and authentication systems, web servers, databases, HTML, script languages, software deployment best practices
- SaaS-based hosted infrastructure background
- Video Technology experience
- Video codecs (h.264, Flash, WMS), video streaming (RTSP, RTMP), P2P protocols, Content Management Systems, streaming protocols
- Understanding of CDN and caching solutions.