Technical Support Representative
Huntsville, AL | Temporary
The Technical Support Representative provides support in the troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems encountered in the maintenance of residential appliances by using general knowledge. Product schematics, data stored in knowledgebase and other sources of information available on those products.
Compensation is based on experience $16.00 to $18.00/hour
- Answer inbound calls from authorized and non-authorized service centers and contractors in a prompt, knowledgeable, and courteous manner documenting all information into call tracking system.
- Provide updates to knowledge database used by service centers and other technical support representatives with new troubleshooting information discovered in the resolution of customer calls
- Investigate technical issues from the field by coordinating with the parts department, factory personnel, and engineering
- Minimum of an Associate s degree in HVAC and Electrical, or equivalent knowledge and experience in the HVAC field and/or similar call center.
- Knowledgeable and competent with hands on customer service experience, particularly with commercial duct free systems with DC inverter technology. Knowledge and experience of PTAC s also helpful.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics.
- Ability to type at least 35WPM
- Ability to communicate distinctly and effectively in English using proper grammar to effectively answer all customer inquiries promptly and accurately
- General understanding of Microsoft Office products with the ability to adapt to other computer systems quickly, and utilize them efficiently while on the phone with a caller.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Technical Support Representative provides support in the troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems encountered in the maintenance of residential appliances.