Clanton, AL | engineering
- Develop welder requirements and designs as required for quoting new business.
- Assist Manufacturing Services Group (MSG) with specifying, sourcing, and implementing welding process equipment, development of preventative maintenance programs for plant welding equipment; establish data for proper process parameters; adjustment and spare parts requirements for welding equipment.
- Develop and maintain a Plant Welding Standards Manual for the purpose of providing operational guidelines, directing, and coordinating improvements for products and process design. Manual to include operational guidelines, process parameters, process theory, PM, quality control, troubleshooting, material and product limitations, etc…
- Remain current with new technologies for the purpose of incorporating improvements in welding process.
- Develop and maintain inventories of plant welding equipment. Direct areas for improvements and process development.
- Work with product design personnel to assure manufacturability of designs.
- Develop justification for the purchase of new production equipment that will meet budgetary requirements and maintain a competitive position.
- Apply technical knowledge to recommend processes and equipment applicable to the metal manufacturing requirements.
- Utilize cut and etch equipment to optimize welding process parameters.
- Update welding equipment specifications.
- Develop and conduct in house welding training program for the purpose of insuring proper welding techniques are utilized throughout plant operations.
- Utilize methods of continuous improvement.
- Stop production if defective or unsafe parts or conditions appear.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Manufacturing Engineer ML2.
- Leads root cause analysis in the resolution of any test failures. Reviews and approves the analysis with the appropriate engineering management resources to resolve and particularly difficult problems. Ensure the appropriate management teams are brought in for any potential safety concern.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Prepare cost estimates. Plan and execute engineering changes.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 6 years suggested minimum experience.
- Knowledge of resistance and arc welding processes.
- Process development, equipment construction, startup and troubleshooting.
- Manual, Automatic, Robotic, and other welding operations.
- Proficient in the operation and use of diagnostic routines to solve problems.
- Knowledge of various software systems (Windows, Lotus 1-2-3, CAD, Microsoft Project)
- Knowledge of AWS welding codes.
- Knowledge of metallurgy and the weld ability of several materials.
- Knowledge of electrical systems controls and ladder diagrams.
Please send resumes to JohnN@apstechnical.com