Toccoa, GA 30577 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Accountant is responsible for upholding the integrity of financial results, as well as fully support Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance. They will provide financial reporting to assist plant leadership in making sound business decisions. This position reports to the senior accountant.
* Prepares journal entries and supporting detail.
* Manages fixed assets and calculation of depreciation.
* Reconciles credit card and bank accounts.
* Ensures plant compliance with SOX requirements – including the preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
* Consistently apply generally accepted accounting principles and company policy to the financial activity at the plant.
* Provide various reports and analysis to management.
* Assist team with annual activities – including semi-annual physical inventory, fixed asset inventory, and audits.
* Assist with monthly forecasting and annual budget development.
* Provide miscellaneous administrative/adhoc projects support to finance team.
* Maintain effective communication with other Plant locations
* Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
* Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or related field.
* 2-3 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience with accounting software, both financial and costing modules.
* Proficiency in Microsoft programs (Excel).
* Logical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Must be productive in a team environment.
* Available for occasional travel including International
* Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
* Extended periods of sitting
* Walking / Manufacturing Environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.