Area Sales Manager
Hampton, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Area Sales Manager is a key liaison between a network of customers and manufacturer's representatives (agents) and our company. This position has the responsibility for generating between $17-22 Million in annual revenue based on a defined territory with market potential of at least $36 million and be able to sell products for all Divisions. The primary responsibility is for maximizing sales within a territory and managing goals, targets and plans for agents within the territory. Responsibilities include but are not limited to projecting business opportunities and recommending actions to maximize the company's market share, developing goals and objectives for territory performance, and monitoring results against performance standards, and recommending appropriate actions when results fail to meet expectations.
- Develops relationships with agents and customers.
- Sets goals for agents and monitors performance against those goals.
- Continually evaluates agent performance and recommends action whenever appropriate.
- Completes bids including costing, documentation, technical data and recommends pricing strategies and specific pricing for individual bids.
- Obtains competitive pricing and other information regarding competitors.
- Ensures that quoted products meet exacting customer specifications for each proposal.
- Negotiates all matters relevant to sales, including prices, terms and conditions, back charges, adders, factory support services, etc.
- Provides technical advice and counsel to agents and customers as needed.
- Assists in expediting orders as required.
- Assists with collections as required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: At least four years of experience in sales or technical support for sales of equipment in the power industry.
- Travel: Ability to travel 40% to 60% domestically on short notice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an EEOC compliant employer, we follow all Federal employment laws.