Assembly Team Lead (automotive manufacturing
Toccoa, GA 30577 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Objectives (Description of Responsibilities)
The responsibility of the Assembly/Paint/Polish Team Lead is for quality and quantity of shift productions, as well as taking on the disciplinary responsibility of assigned employees. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of their manager. The Assembly and Polish Team Lead will report to the Assembly Manager.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
· Ensure that all assignments in his/her area of responsibility be completed in a way that is accurate, on scheduled, speedy and economical
· Assigns activities of the work area
· Guarantees proper and appropriate process of his/her work area
· Team Lead will motivate, instruct, guide, and supervise all direct reports of assigned area
· Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
· Ensure that all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and Company are followed
· Report immediately any changes in quality, production, safety, security, and environment to the Assembly Manager
· Get information about the production plan before the start of the shift.
· Takes over the workstations and communications from the previous shift.
· Coordinate with other departments of the company to promote good communication, good quality, and the best interest of the company
· Monitor production to ensure that time and labor align with the needs of the business
· Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the manager of any issues.
· Independent recognition of flaw features as well as actively contributing to detecting defects.
· Forwards suggestions for improvement to manager.
- Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the manager if deviations are detected during the shift.
Other Main Duties:
- Works with the production planner in regards to the planning of production
- Be the “go to” person for the team through clear information and motivation
- Participate in production meetings
- Check for compliance and maintenance of work tools
- Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
- Assist in the training of new employees
- Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
- Supports the shift supervisor to ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
- Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
- Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the manager about suggestions for improvements.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Good verbal communication skills
Basic computer skills
Excellent attention to detail
Able to read and comprehend
Applicants must have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent
Must have good vision and eyesight
Be a self-starter and work independently
Must be productive in a team environment
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
Required to work overtime as scheduled