Montgomery, AL 36101
Banquet Servers to provide prompt and efficient food and beverage service during professional event functions to ensure an exceptional experience for guests.
- Set-up banquet room as instructed by client to include linen, service ware and glassware.
- Attend roll call meetings before events to learn function particulars, including guest and client expectations.
- Greet guests and respond to requests in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Serve the food and/or beverage in the order and to the expectation of the client to ensure consistency throughout the banquet.
- Once banquet is complete, reset banquet room according to client's specifications to ensure readiness of the room for the following function.
- Set/display food and beverages on buffet tables for delivery to function guests requiring buffet service.
- Bus (remove, replace and clear) during and after service, as well as assist in the clearing of banquet rooms at end of service and the reset or refreshing of the room for the next event, as necessary.
- Return all equipment to their proper storage area and maintain cleanliness and organization.
- Anticipate and respond to guests' needs; make sure guest service is friendly, helpful and fast
- Deliver drinks and food while sometimes maneuvering trays through large crowds.
- Remove dirty glasses, dishes, ashtrays from tables, including the lifting/moving of bus tubs up to 25lbs.
- Clean spills, remove food, trash or other obstacles from floor using proper lifting techniques.
- Assist other servers and staff as needed.
- Perform any other job- related duties as assigned.
Shift: 1st, 2nd, 3rd positions available (varies)
Pay Rate: $10.00 per hour
- Polite, groomed, and articulate
- Great customer service skills
- Reliable and responsible
- Formal banquet serving experience a plus
- Flexible schedule; this is an on-call position with a varying schedule
All banquets require employees to wear:
- Dress Pants
- Black Belt
- Black Socks & Shoes
- Black Long Sleeve Button-Down Shirt w/collar
- No visible tattoos or piercing
Physical Demands / Working Environment:
Working environment is fast-paced.
Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and walking.
Must be able to lift or move up to 25 lbs.
-Background and Drug Testing is required.
-Must be 18 years or older.
- Proper unexpired documents required to complete the Federal I-9 process.
You may start the application process on our website on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application, please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview.
Great benefits, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision and 401K
Equal Opportunity Employer