Change Over Mechanic
Stone Mountain, GA 30086 | Temporary
Performs changeovers related to the handling equipment, i.E. Flat belt, unscramble, inspector, stacker, screw stacker, de-stacker, diverter, bagger and any relates tub changes or replacements. Communicate with production supervisor/lead to confirm changeover is completed to production standards. In the absence of a change over, diagnoses and performs mechanical and electrical repairs and maintenance on the inspectors, baggers, screw-drivers, pre-expansion machines, conveyors and tubing.
1. Diagnose problems by inspecting and disassembling equipment to determine extent of repairs necessary.
2. Performs mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic and hydro repairs to the inspectors, bagging machines, screw stackers, conveyors and tubing
3. Uses drawings, diagrams and operational manuals, manufacturing specifications, etc., when diagnosing problems and making repairs
4. Check change over schedule daily and predict needs of upcoming work and order needed parts
5. Start changeover work promptly at 7: 05am each day in order to get completed by 3pm
6. Complete all change over work each day, receive production supervisor sign off of the line, and clean up and related mess made during the changeover before leaving gone the day
7. Keep the mold room clean and organized, items labeled and stored safely
8. Repairs parts such as inspector cylinders along with pneumatic valves, air regulators and systems.
9. Provides assistance to other maintenance mechanics while working on production handling equipment.
10. Obtains hot work permit and completes minor welding jobs
11. Notifies the maintenance lead and/or maintenance manager about any needed repairs that are outside of their scope of responsibilities or ability to repair
12. Perform all work in a safe manner to include following specific procedures for lock out/tag out of equipment before making any repairs.
13. Communicate with production supervisors and coworkers on the status of equipment repairs and change overs
14. Assist in the training of operators when the need arises.
15. Maintain housekeeping standards by keeping a clean and safe work area at all times
16. Follow all GMP and sanitation guidelines along with maintaining a high level of personal hygene
17. Attend meeting and training session as required
18. Perform other duties as assigned by the maintenance lead or maintenance manager
4. Receive a pass on a preemployment physical and background check
5. Work a 8+ hour shift while standing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting, reaching, grasping, and lifting throughout the entire shift.
6. Occasional weekend work required with 48 hour notice.
7. Requires the manual movement of repair parts and tools that may weight 50 lbs.
4. In-doors in a manufacturing environment that is not air conditioned
5. Wear PPE while working which includes hairnet, hearing protection and safety glasses with side guards
6. Work 8 hours days, able to work amble overtime flexible schedule
Temporary Positions with some long-term opportunities
Please bring valid forms for I-9 verification
Drug screen and background are required
Must be able to lift up to 25lbs consistently
Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/apsgwinnett) and send us a message.
Automation Personnel Services is located at:
4850 Sugarloaf Pkwy
Lawrenceville GA 30044
770.995.6500 text or call for details
GREAT BENEFITS to ALL temporary employees.
VACATION PAY, HOLIDAY PAY, MEDICAL, DENTAL, VISION, AND 401K
BONUS OPPORTUNITY-We are also offering a $25 dollar referral bonus. Both employee and referral must stay on assignment for 30 days to receive a payout.
Equal Opportunity Employer