Continuous Improvement Supervisor
Dunlap, TN | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Continuous Improvement Supervisor will be responsible for improving manufacturing processes, equipment, manufacturing layouts, and providing manufacturing production support. He/She will lead process improvement activities to include: in-process defect reduction, scrap reduction, set-up / changeover reduction, productivity improvement, and overall improvement in OEE.
Ensure that the product quality is in compliance with the technical and quality standards as well as the customer requirements
Supervise and develop assigned CI Department employees
• Planning and Execute of Annual/Qtrly/Monthly CI activities including Kaizen Planning & Schedule, B Non-Material Savings results, Supplier VSM
• Analyze and understand operational Data to identify target areas for improvement
• Facilitates manufacturing, logistics, and business process kaizen events
• Develop, update, and own the continuous improvement processes, metrics and any associated tools
• Participates in tactical planning for the continuous improvement work to be done in concert with Operations Manager and leadership.
• Contributes to the development and promotion of standard work and production basics across the organization
• Uses knowledge of waste elimination tools and techniques to identify clinical and operational opportunities for improvement,
• Responsible for proposing and managing projects including tracking costs, assessing resources, and achieving deadline requirements.
• Perform value stream analysis for the manufacturing plant
• Understands and supports training of the Lean Production System
• Understands and makes corrective action derived from OEE performance
• Facilitate Kaizen events directed at reducing setup times, scrap, and improving SQDC measures.
• Improves manufacturing layouts and researches options for process and product flow.
• Performs time studies and equipment utilization studies.
• Assists manufacturing with difficult troubleshooting problems on production equipment.
• Supports investigation and implementation of counter measures to any internal and external quality or safety concerns.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• 3 - 5 years of technical manufacturing processing or manufacturing engineering experience;
• Lean / Six Sigma Training
• CAD knowledge a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.