Controls Engineer (robotics)
Sylacauga, AL | Direct-Hire (Perm)
- Comply with all safety procedures as required by the Health & Safety Act and/or Company practices or procedures including but not limited to the wearing of all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as specified by the Act or designated by the Company.
- Participate and complete all Health and Safety training or any other training mandated by the Company.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Provide technical support for robotic systems.
- Review or approve designs, calculations, or cost estimates.
- Calibrate, operate, and/or maintain robots.
- Integrate robotics with peripherals, such as welders, controllers, or other equipment.
- Process or interpret signals or sensor data.
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems.
- Create back-ups of robot programs or parameters.
- Design automated robotic systems to increase production volume or precision in high-throughput operations, or stacking production materials.
- Document robotic application development, maintenance, or changes.
- Plan mobile robot paths and teach path plans to robots.
- Analyze and evaluate robotic systems or prototypes.
- Design end-of-arm tooling.
- Build, configure, and test robots.
- Design software to control robotic systems for applications or manufacturing.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of robotic mechanisms, components, or systems.
- Conduct research on robotic technology to create new robotic systems or system capabilities.
- Ensure processes contribute to a safe work environment
- Be proactive in process and quality improvement automation and robotic projects yielding significant reduction in defects and increased productivity
- Utilize lean-manufacturing principles and participate in action workouts to improve process capability, reduce overall costs and increase capacity
- Assist the maintenance and manufacturing teams in maintenance programs and record keeping as required.
- Other duties assigned by the management team.
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution is required. Programs of study would include: Robotics Technician/Electronics Engineering/Technician Industrial Automation and Industrial Controls
- Competency in trouble shooting, testing and debugging pneumatics, robotics & programmable logic controllers (PLC) in an automotive production environment (Kuka, Allen Bradley experience an asset)
- 5- 10 years related experience.
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Minimum 3 years industrial robot programming/teaching experience
- Prior weld equipment maintenance experience (automotive or automotive supplier) is an asset
- 3-5 years electrical troubleshooting experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.