Cooksville, TN | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Controls Warrior that likes to travel and also work from home!
Our client provide complete turn-key automated solutions specializing in custom automation, robotics, tooling and testing equipment.
Just East of Nashville, TN we are a rapidly growing firm offering an exciting work environment with constantly changing and growing challenges. We are seeking a creative and driven controls engineer to join our team.
- Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer.
- Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
- Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
- Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
- Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
- Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
- Create accurate Bill of Materials.
- Define equipment and parts from external suppliers.
- Conduct cost and time estimation. Project Execution:
- Oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
- Electrical, software design of customized solutions including manufacturing automation and safety systems. Able to maintain project scope and identify project creep.
- Support the design, build and validation of systems which include pneumatics, servos, vfd’s, relays, communication networks, touchscreens, pushbuttons and robotic integration.
- Create customer documentation such as user manuals, programming diagrams, network diagrams, and electrical drawings.
- Ability to architect programs that are simple to test, well documented and versatile.
- Project Completion:
- Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
- Commission customized products and systems onsite and at customer facilities. Servicing
- Modifies systems upon customer’s request and documents the amendments accordingly.
- Provide high quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to customer.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or similar related degree).
- 3-5 years related job experience.
- Proficient with MS Office, Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000, Indusoft, AutoCAD Electrical.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs including specification of vision, power, sensor, inspection, and communications systems.
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
Critical thinking with exceptional problem solving skills, able to work independently and in team environments.
- Proactive, resourceful & highly motivated with good communication skills and ability to work in high output environment.
- Ability to balance multiple projects.
Travel as required to support projects (>70% travel)
Work from home when not traveling.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.