Field Service Technician - metals industry
Chelsea, AL 35043 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
We are looking for a qualified Field Service Technician that has experience in the Metals industry and has several years of experience implementing "automated" solutions and commissioning the equipment on site.
- Experience working in the metals industry on-site at the plant, not a corporate office
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair AC/DC drives
- Manufacturer's training on PLCs is preferred
- HMI/SCADA experience is required
- The ability to analyze drawing and schematics to evaluate current design and develop implementation plans
- 30-75% travel required for this position.
This jobs requires the mental ownership of customer issues that are impacting their business operations.
- Ability to work in an industrial environment
- Ability to work at remote job sites and interact with other maintenance professionals
- Ability to document work completed and any other issues
- Ability to work safely in a hazardous environment by following all safety procedures
- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting with third party remote assistance