Pell City, AL | Direct-Hire (Perm)
To ensure maintenance issues are resolved in a timely manner with staff compliance to best practices and safety.
- Follows all safety guidelines and rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required safety equipment.
- Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs machinery.
- Participates in preventive maintenance programs including process machinery/equipment lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and operating diagnosis.
- Coordinates with outside contractors and supplemental support when necessary, including repairs, installations, security, fire prevention, loss control, etc.
- Proper record keeping of all maintenance, security systems/controls, fire prevention systems/controls, etc.
- Maintains proper facility, and assets integrity including structural, HVAC, lighting, electrical, plumbing, boiler operation, repairs and improvements.
- Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations Health and Safety/Administration.
- Orders parts using purchase order system, performs spare parts inventory, performs building maintenance (lighting, plumbing, etc.), and conducts weekly tests on sprinkler equipment for fire safety.
- Provides guidance and training to all operators on skill development, processes and techniques.
- May need to fill in when necessary on off shifts occasionally.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 yrs experience in a similar industry; prior experience with high speed packing machines desired.
- Basic technical skills including intermediate level computer skills (MS Office),
- PLC troubleshooting skills and WHMIS (an asset).
- Solid experience with pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge and trouble shooting skills.
- Awareness of lock out / tag out procedures preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.