Make Ready Engineer
105 Mountain Brook Drive , Suite 104 Canton, GA 30115 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Make Ready Engineer will perform work associated with make ready engineering in support of our customer's fiber aerial construction projects.
Work will utilize programs, procedures and work processes developed and provided by the project along with standard engineering work planning and scheduling to complete project deliverables.
Qualifications: Experience and knowledge of make ready engineering processes and procedures and OSP construction practices.
Pole Loading Analysis (PLA) experience is not required but would be beneficial.
Extensive knowledge of various rules and regulations related to pole line attachments including NESC requirements.
Knowledge of pole attachment submittal packages.
Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Perform analysis of pole attachments utilizing survey information submitted by field techs using standard industry software including O Calc as required by pole owner.
- Review pole line information and pole loading results to determine the viability of pole usage, need for swap out, and make-ready remedies.
- Create the required make ready documentation for filing attachment applications for submittal to the pole owners/utility.
- Review and collate data from utility pole owners maps to ensure proper documentation is gathered and reflected on the MRE paperwork.
- Coordinates with project team members collecting field data from remote locations in support of make ready engineering.
- Prepares pole inventory tables for the pole applications summarizing MRE remedies.
- Maintains continual status of assigned work through tracking tools assigned by the project.
College degree is beneficial
Prior experience in this type of work as a lineman, field technician or engineer are great qualifications.
Detailed Knowledge of NESC code is also a big plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.