Tanner, AL | Direct-Hire (Perm)
To coordinate the planning and implementation of the plant’s production while ensuring the timely delivery to customers and scheduling the plant in the most efficient manner.
To manage the materials department while being responsible for all inventory levels, raw material purchases and freight costs for the plant.
- Manage under operating priorities of plant HS&E, Customer Satisfaction, Productivity and Profitability.
- Manage the materials function including scheduling of production and maintenance of optimum raw materials and finished goods inventory levels.
- Management of warehousing, shipping and receiving activities.
- Analysis and interpretation of customer releases.
- Perform MRP and generate vendor releases.
- Liaison with customers and suppliers.
- Optimization of freight cost.
- Responsible for AS400 information and liaison with I. T. department.
- Responsible for department operating budget.
- Responsible for implementation of safe work practices.
- Responsible for prudent management of departmental budget including budget preparation and cost control.
- Member of mgmt. team responsible for planning, budgeting and implementing the Production System.
- Will be responsible for key elements in the safety leadership program.
- Play an essential role in the health & safety and quality audit process.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics, or materials management
- Five years progressive equivalent combination of education and progressive experience in Materials Management related functions
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills of MRP including, computerized materials scheduling and inventory control, production scheduling, purchasing, traffic and warehouse functions including shipping and receiving in a JIT environment.
- Knowledge of AS400, or other similar material management computer systems.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and supervisory skills.
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.