Huntsville, AL | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments reviewing and distributing production, work, and shipment schedules; conferring with supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compiling reports on progress of work, inventory levels, costs, and production problems.
- Monitor finished goods and component inventories on a daily basis.
- Complete cycle counts of finished goods and components.
- Maintenance and monitoring of customer releases through daily customer contact.
- Creation of sample order and monitoring of ECN/new program changes or launches.
- Lead customer contact with a variety of web based systems such as DDL, SMART, Intier etc.
- Monitoring of daily expendable/returnable packing requirements ensuring no downtime occurs on the shop floor.
- Data entry for new customer orders/purchase orders on fabricated parts from suppliers.
- Conduct month end inventory counts and maintain accurate daily records of safety stock levels.
- Coordinate shipping schedule to meet customer requirements.
- Provide coverage for reception and complete other administrative duties as assigned.
- College Degree in Business or Data Processing or related courses plus experience in Material role or combination of education and related experience
- Computer literate in an MRP/JIT environment and experience with AS400/CMS software an asset.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Product, pricing and customer knowledge including accessing information on customer websites (Covisint, DDL, GM Powersupply, I –Supply, Toyota Kanbans, etc.)
- Strong computer skills, including use of e-mail, Internet
- Basic level Excel and EDI knowledge
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple tasks
- Understanding of TS 16949 requirements and work procedures
A strong interest in the Automotive Industry