Calera, AL 35040 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
To perform maintenance inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant operating equipment. This role is critical to achieving Plant OEE and Equipment Availability goals by elimination of unplanned stops and extended down times. Incumbents in the position are required to participate in company-sponsored training and certification programs to ensure that their job knowledge and skills meet evolving company standards.
Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations at all times
• Must complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner
• Must be able to perform preventive maintenance checks and report findings (both verbally and in writing).
• Must participate in the work order initiation process when required
• Must ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from Stores as per procedures
• Must be well versed in the installation and maintenance of all types of bearings
• Must possess a good knowledge of oil and grease seals and their applications
Must possess a good knowledge of lubricants and their uses
• Must be able to perform shaft alignments using precision alignment tools
• Must be able to perform chain and sprocket installation and alignments
Must be able to perform belt and sheave installation and alignment
• Must be able to install and align all types of new equipment
• Must be able to disassemble and rebuild all types of crushing, screening, and conveying equipment
• Must posses a high level of rigging skills
• Must have experience and expertise in the installation of pneumatic and hydraulic piping systems including the use of proper fittings and connectors
• Must be able to troubleshoot and repair all plant environmental equipment and demonstrate knowledge of baghouse operation
• Must be able to service and perform all types of repairs to air compressors presently in service • Ensures maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired or replaced when necessary
• Must possess and maintain a complete set of personal hand tools as per the LNA list
• Must be able to operate plant mobile equipment • Must be proficient in the use of precision measuring tools (micrometers, dial indicators, etc.)
• Must be qualified to weld in all four positions (certification)
• Must be proficient in all kinds of acetylene cutting and welding
• Should be able to perform thickness testing • Should understand what thermography is used for
• Should have a complete understanding of non-destructive testing • Should possess some knowledge of the CMMS System and be willing to correctly complete work orders and checklists including signing and dating
• Must be able to troubleshoot and perform repairs to hydraulic/pneumatics systems
• Must perform post-job inspection to ensure a high level of housekeeping standards
• Must perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
• Industrial background with good troubleshooting skills.
• Must be able perform basic mathematical computations.
• Ability to detect potential problems through observation in the field.
• Must be able to work 12 hour shifts for an extended day period during plant outages.
• Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs.
• Proven self-direction and leadership abilities.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meeting all required deadlines.
• Must be a team player who works well with others.
• Must be open minded, willing to learn, and receptive to change.
• Strong record of attendance reliability.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.