National Sales Manager
Hampton, GA 30228 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
- The National Sales Manager is a key liaison between a network of customers and manufacturers representatives (agents).
- This position is responsible for the operation of a remote sales office and for generating at least $12 Million in annual revenue. Candidate must be able to sell products for all Divisions.
- The primary responsibility is to maximize sales and is responsible for managing (hiring, firing, & setting goals for) agents in a given territory.
- Responsibility also include, but are not limited to, projecting business opportunities and recommending actions to maximize the company’s participation in market segments, developing goals and objectives for area performance, monitoring results against performance standards, and recommending appropriate actions when results fail to meet expectations.
- The National Sales Manager for the Service Division directs a high performance team of sales people covering all of the US and Canada.
- Our sales are driven primarily by working with our Manufacturers Representatives in order to find opportunities to solve customers’ problems or issues with any of the existing products or services.
- The National Sales Manager must also look beyond what is currently available now and be creative if the opportunity to solve a problem and satisfy a customer is available.
- The National Sales Manager must be technical and have significant experience not only in selling engineered products and “after sales type” services, but also in recognizing Blue Ocean value added products and services.
- Must have ability and flexibility to find, negotiate and capture non-standard or non-traditional solutions.
- The National Sales Manager is a key member of the Service Division leadership team, contributing to the new product planning, forecasting market outlook and defining and executing the end business processes.
- Develops business/personal relationships with agents and customers.
- Sets sales goals for agents and monitors performance against those goals.
- Continually evaluates agent performance and recommends action whenever appropriate.
- Recommends pricing strategies and specific pricing for individual bids.
- Obtains competitive pricing and other information regarding competitors.
- Ensures that quoted products meet exacting customer specifications for each proposal.
- Negotiates all matters relevant to sales, including prices, terms & conditions, back charges, adders, factory support services, etc.
- Provides technical advice and counsel to agents and customers as needed.
- Assists in expediting orders as required.
- Assists with collections as required.
- Negotiate prices or terms of sales or services agreements.
- Prepare and submit sales contracts for orders.
- Visit customers to evaluate needs or to promote product or service sales.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel: Ability to travel 40% to 60%.
Education: Graduate degree in Engineering or MBA.
Experience: 10+ years’ experience in technical sales of equipment in the power utility industry.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering