Plant Manager (Heavy Fabrication - experience!)
Saginaw, TX | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Plant Manager Opportunity
Responsible for all Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Distribution operations as well as Manufacturing support functions: Engineering, Planning and Maintenance.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Plan, organize and direct the manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, and capital.
- Assure attainment of business objectives and productions schedules while insuring product standards that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Implement manufacturing strategies and action plans to ensure that the facility supports Company's strategic initiatives.
- Establish group and individual accountability's throughout assigned departments for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need.
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact based problem solving.
- Improve manpower utilization within existing departments and processes.
- Schedule stability that allows for maximum return on efficiencies.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to changes in production volume.
- Work to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Continually improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes. Maintain and improve housekeeping in all areas.
- Maintain individual skills keeping up to date with the latest production and production management concepts.
- The continued growth of the business requires a dedicated and proven leader able to work closely with all business functions.
- 4 year degree; business or technical field
- 6 plus years of experience in a high production environment. 10 years experience in hard good manufacturing, with 5 years of managerial experience.
- High energy level required.
- Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
We are an EEOC compliant employer and follow all EEOC requirements.