Product Design Engineer
Hampton, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Product Design Engineer I will work on an engineering team to maintain existing products and design new products. This position requires experience in machine design, thermodynamics, and structural analysis.
- Design, draft and model using AutoCAD and Solidworks for existing and new products.
- Building and testing of prototypes.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field installation.
- Create concepts, performance, and production criteria.
- Produce first hand drawings and specifications.
- Create parts lists.
- Make samples of working models for demonstration.
- Improve usability of new and existing products.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience: 2 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Experience: 4 years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an FEA computer program.