Product Development Engineer I
The Product Design Engineer I is an entry level engineering position.
In this role the engineer will learn and apply Drafting and Production processes while working under the supervision of an experienced engineer. The work will include standard computations, analysis and 3d CAD design work.
- Work on projects assigned or directed by more experienced Engineers.
- Design, draft and model using AutoCAD and Solidworks for existing and new products.
- Create 3d models, 2d drawings, specifications and Bill of Materials.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field installation.
- Develop engineering skills based on engineering procedure 230.50 Engineering Training.
- Create samples of working models for demonstration.
- Improve usability of new and existing products.
- Revises processes, documents and drawings through Value Improvement (VIP) Systems.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience: Entry level to 4 years of related work experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD/SolidWorks.
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Education: Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in FEA computer analysis.