Product Development Engineer II
Hampton, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Product Development Engineer II will work on an engineering team to maintain existing products, design new products, and provide technical supervision for junior engineers and drafters. This position requires experience in electrical design, machine design, thermal dynamics, and structural analysis.
- Responsible for the complete management of assigned projects.
- Design, draft and model using AutoCAD and Solidworks for existing and new products.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Conduct research and create design proposals for projects.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and field installation.
- Create concepts, performance, and production criteria.
- Produce first hand drawings and specifications.
- Create parts lists.
- Make samples of working models for demonstration.
- Improve usability of new and existing products.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience: Six or more years of related work experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD/Solidworks.
- Strong hands-on mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated proficiency in an FEA computer program.
- Thorough knowledge of ANSI standards and some IEC.
- Experience: Ten or more years of related work experienc