Production Manager (Automotive)
Clanton, AL | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Under the general direction of the Operations Manager, the Production Manager plans, organizes and controls the manufacturing functions of the plant in order to assemble quality products efficiently, on time, and profitably. Maintains outside contact with other plants and divisions of the company and with other companies, customers and suppliers as necessary.
- Conducts plant inspections to ensure safe work practices by visual observations, memos, personal guidance and if necessary, corrective action to assure that procedures and practices are being followed to help prevent accidents and thereby minimize workers compensation costs and improve plant profitability; responsible for compliance to OSHA and the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Leads all assembly operations in the plant and coordinates the work of production departments through familiarity with all assembly processes; continual awareness of customer shipping requirements, work schedules and quality levels; staffing required to meet these schedules, ratio of indirect to direct labor, overall cost of doing business with a mind toward profit and loss, to produce parts on schedule; ensuring that quality is maintained and costs are held to a minimum.
- Analyzes and determines material, equipment and staffing requirements by studying daily operating results, through daily meeting with subordinates, as well as daily contact with various department heads; to determine how to overcome production problems and follow-up to ascertain that problems have been corrected or to determine the next best course of action; to bring about close cooperation between his/her and other departments.
- Responsible for identification, implementation and verification of continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for the implementation and compliance with shop floor standards such as BOS, 5S, JCMS, Policy and Procedures, and Labor Relations Activities.
- Responsible for the overall quality of the product produced. Has the authority and responsibility to identify quality problems and take appropriate action including halting production, determining root cause, initiating corrective action in order to prevent re-occurrence, as well as participating in audits and other preventative measures.
- Motivates and directs the training of all production personnel through the ability to select competent individuals; trains and develops each individual by taking advantage of his/her strengths and improving weaknesses; by instilling in each individual a sense of responsibility toward the company and his/her subordinates; evaluates and communicates to each subordinate his/her progress in order to attain customer satisfaction with a high degree of morale and sense of accomplishment on the part of those producing the product.
- Jointly establishes individual objectives through analysis of, and familiarity with, each individuals' job functions. This includes formal job review and feedback, the identification of areas of success and areas requiring improvement, with the objective of ensuring the availability of qualified managerial staffing in order to meet the organization’s present and future needs and to ensure consistently high utilization of individual skills and abilities
- Performs such other duties that from time to time may be assigned by the Plant Manager.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year University. One or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combine of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customer’s regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.