Toccoa, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The responsibility of the Production Planner is to be responsible for entire project work on assigned tasks with respect to all production control and scheduling. Ensure that the agreed on/predefined delivery dates (intern/extern) are fulfilled. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of their manager. The Production Planner will report to the Head of Production Planning.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
* Takes responsibility on projects for different clients. Ensures accurate, on schedule, quick and efficient processing of tasks for assigned projects.
* Processing of received orders/delivery calls.
* Planning and control of individual production processes for injection molding, assembly, and painting while considering deadlines, stock, order situation and backlog.
* Checking of material availability and procurement of materials.
* Order and delivery monitoring of specific reusable containers from clients.
* Monitoring of order deadlines of clients and suppliers.
* Maintaining contacts with clients and suppliers.
* Periodic maintenance of master data.
* Assists with the integration of new orders into the overall process.
* Controls, monitors, and coordinates the scheduling of tool modifications.
* Cooperates with machine scheduling and system planning to meet client demands in regards to ordered sales volume and delivery deadlines.
* Ensures optimum stock of raw materials, individual parts, semi-manufactured and finished goods as well as ongoing process optimization to reach the ideal batch size.
* Arranges the cooperation with other departments of the company in a way, that always guarantees a smooth information flow and in general good teamwork.
* Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
* Report immediately any changes in quality, production, safety, security, and environment to the Head of Production Planning
* Coordinate with other departments of the company to promote good communication, good quality, and the best interest of the company
* Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the manager of any issues.
* Forwards suggestions for improvement to manager.
* Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the manager if deviations are detected during the shift.
Other Main Duties:
* Improves existing concepts and methods in the area of production control.
* Assists with the annual inventory.
* Comply with all regulations regarding place and order, accident prevention, workplace safety, environment protection and energy efficiency in the department.
* May attend production meetings.
* Inform manager/supervisor about specific deviations
* Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
* Assist in the training of new employees
* Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
* Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
* Ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with within work area
* Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the manager about suggestions for improvements.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to read and comprehend
- Applicants must have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Proven working experience in production planning/production control
- Proficient in standard production planning software
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have good vision and eyesight
- Be a self-starter and work independently
- Must be productive in a team environment
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time
- Required to work overtime as scheduled
- Ability to travel if/when required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.