Clinton, SC | Direct-Hire (Perm)
As a member of the Production Management team, the Production Supervisor must be able to motivate and manage people to work productively & efficiently, while strictly adhering to company quality standards.
This position requires the person to work closely with Management, Maintenance and the Quality Control and the Quality Assurance departments to ensure site goals are achieved.
- Follow all cGMP procedures and guidelines pertaining to the manufacturing operations that the organization is governed by.
- Adhere to all Environmental Health and Safety procedures and alert Management of any issues or concerns when appropriate.
- Management of hourly employee’s attendance, performance reviews, coaching, administering disciplinary or recognition action when appropriate.
- Establish and manage goals for each line and ensure they are posted at all times.
- Ensure Job Order is accurate, complete and at the line prior to start up.
- Provide orientation and training to staff. Maintain a training record of shift personnel.
- Communicate and work with other departments to ensure effective production.
- Inspect products to ensure they meet requirements.
- Complete pre-operational process and paperwork and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure conformance to cGMP, SOP and overall safe work procedures & company policies.
- Consistently enforce standards of sanitation and product handling.
- Determine labor requirements and allocation of personnel to ensure production goals are met and exceeded.
- Ensure changeovers are communicated to oncoming shifts and that the shift is equipped to maintain production without any interruptions.
- Other activities assigned by members of Management.
Education and Requirements
- College Diploma preferably in Business or Science
- Knowledge of HACCP, cGMP’s and SOP’s
- 5-7 years previous experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Proficient in Computer, MS Office
- 3+ years in Supervisory Experience in mfg
- First Aid/CPR and other health and safety certifications would be an asset.
Skill & Competencies
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Works well with others.
- Able to react well to change.
- Self-motivator with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task.
- Commitment to following, teaching, and enforcing rules set in place.
- Ability to communicate effectively.Ability to left 50 lbs.
- Results oriented.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.