Dunlap, TN 37327
The Manufacturing Shift Supervisor plans, manages and coordinates all production activities within a production shift and is responsible to deliver overall production performance in alignment with the company standards while meeting or exceeding manufacturing KPI’s. He/she supervises all employees in the area of responsibility and actively participates in the production process and activities.
- Manage and control the day-to-day activities for an assigned shift within a production zone.
- Planning, review and approve daily attendance records, assigning, and directing work
- Ensure the production activities are in line with the production plan and deadlines.
- Understand and develop plans to produce parts in accordance with customer schedules and shipments
- Ensure strict adherence to our quality procedures and compliance to all customer requirements during the complete production process.
- Support the RPS/8D Process in collaboration with the Production Manager to ensure that the quality standards are met. Participate in the RPS discussions/meetings.
- Ensure the quality approval of the products by the Quality Inspectors and implement corrective actions in case of deviations, control if the corrective measures are effectively applied.
- Implement, coordinate and control cleanliness and the order of the production area/activities (e.g. ensure the 5S Process, implement Production Basics etc.).
- Ensure that the machines and equipment are properly used and maintained.
- Manage/execute the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Process, control for loss and/or damages of the machines and equipment.
- Ensure changeovers and machine set up are executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Coordinate and control the set-up processes in accordance with the pre-defined schedule.
- Provide, manage and update all documentation with regard to the production activities.
- Manage the zone and machine safety, ensure that all safety requirements, sustainability issues and legal regulations are fulfilled.
- Ensure and maintain of all records as per ISO / TS / EMS Standards
Education and Experience
- Degree in relevant field of technical or business education preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in the field of operations (high volume manufacturing)
- Good organizational and planning skills, problem-solving
- Leadership, strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of TS 16949 and ISO 14001 requirements and how they are implemented
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.