Greer, SC | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The qualified candidate would be the single point contact between us and the customer, coordinate the interaction between departments to ensure the equipment proceeds on time and on budget.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
-Accountable for all aspects of the project including; delivery, schedule, performance to budget, cash flow.
- Plan and monitor/control the project from the receipt of the order through installation at the customer’s site and serve as the key customer contact for the balance of the warranty period.
- Communicate project progress to the customer every two weeks in writing.
- Track all contract changes and maintain a revision summary with respect to “cost” and “sell” value of project.
- Ensure that the order received from the customer is compatible with the engineering specifications in the proposal.
- Conduct a project “Kick-Off” meeting with the project team.
- Conduct regular project meetings with both in-house personnel and with the customer and record and distribute the minutes for these meetings in the prescribed form.
- Coordinate getting material requisitions to purchasing and follow-up to ensure materials is expedited.
- Acts as primary customer contact for design, costing and machine related issues.
- Assist with development schedule of all project phases and milestones, track schedules and initiate corrective action through the department managers and supervisors. Review the project schedule and budget with the project team.
- Monitor progress of the project during design, build and installation by reviewing the performance of the team members against the project schedule. Resolve conflicts through the department managers and supervisors.
- Coordinate travel plans for all installation and repair personnel.
- Responsible for getting machine acceptance at facility.
- Responsible for buy-off of major purchased equipment for the line.
- Develop system function specifications from proposal and comments discussed during meetings with customer.
- Ensure a written record of all customer communications is available for the project file.
- Ensure that all documentation on the job is shipped to the customer per the contract.
- Responsible for completion of a written project report one month after final acceptance of project.
- Review all left over material and determines if we will restock, sell as spares, or return to the vendor.
Engineering and manufacturing experience required
Project Management experience is required
Able to communicate technical concepts effectively