QA Tech / Food Processing
Nashville, TN 37202 | Temporary
We currently have multiple open positions for QA Techs in a fast paced food manufacturing environment on 1st and 2nd shifts to join our Nashville, TN team. This position is located on the bus line and is a Temp to Hire position.
Job Location: Nashville, TN
As a Quality Assurance Technician, you will be responsible for performing a variety of tests or other QA tasks to help provide top quality and safe products that meet food production requirements and specifications.
Additional responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Technician include:
- Performing daily product inspection, sampling collections for micro testing, co-packers, and in-house retains (holds)
- Performing product testing, including: Seal integrity testing, Measuring water activity (Aw Testing), Product weight control evaluation, Vitamin C testing, DOD testing, HACCP, and allergen control testing
- Ensuring daily scale verification is being followed
- Verifying product lot codes and check weigher settings
- Monitoring Kosher/non-Kosher processes (color code) and production schedule
- Performing QA record retention
- Observing employees, the facility, and production processes for compliance to GMP policies
- Keeping shelf life samples organized and disposing of the expired ones
- Maintaining cleanliness and organization of work area
- 6 months to 1 year in food or pharmaceutical manufacturing, preferred
- 1 to 4 years of QA/QC lab/line tech experience (This can include laboratory experience associated with obtaining science-related degree)
- PC proficiency in Windows-based applications
- Ability to lift a minimum up to 50 pounds on occasion
- Demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image
- Working knowledge of established food safety regulations, good manufacturing practices (GMP s), and high-speed packaging operations, strongly preferred
Pay Rate: $14 / Hour, plus shift differential and Great Benefits
Shift Times: 5 AM - 1: 30 PM, 8 AM - 5 PM, 2: 45 PM - 12: 45 AM, and 4 PM - 2 AM
To start the application process, please click apply, or you may come to our office located at:
2510 Murfreesboro Road, Suite 4
Nashville, TN 37217
If you choose to complete your application online, please call us immediately at (615) 361-8806 to set up your personal interview. Like us on FaceBook (facebook.com/apsnashville) and send us a message. You can also email us at email@example.com.
In order to finish the application process, you will need to come to our office dressed for an interview. Please bring with you a copy of your resume (if you have one) and the proper form(s) of identification for I9 purposes.
Drug Screen Required
Must be 18 years or older
Valid ID required to complete the Federal I-9 process. IND123LI
Equal Opportunity Employer