Elkmont, AL 35620 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Technical Services Division
Responsible for the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of all quality systems, which include but are not limited to, ISO 9001 (latest revision).
• Act as both quality systems and quality control manager.
• Act as the plant quality management representative for quality systems.
• Ensure compliance to ISO9000, and coordinate training activities.
• Ensure that the plant’s quality system is properly and accurately documented to meet the requirements of all systems standards.
• Manage the Gage Calibration system, when applicable. Supervise Gage Calibration including writing performance appraisals
• Ensure that inspection, measuring and test equipment in the facility is controlled per the plant’s policies/ procedures.
• Develop and maintain the documented quality system.
- This includes, but is not limited to writing, reviewing, and updating quality policies, procedures, inspection instructions, and work instructions.
• Ensure that nonconforming product is detected and that proper disposition and corrective/preventative actions are taken to prevent recurrence of nonconformities
• Develop/ implement and maintain methods of tracking quality performance in terms of scrap/rework and customer PPM. Identify main areas for improvement and drive projects or kaizen events to drive quality measures.
• Coordinate internal and 3rd party audits to review system(s)
• Maintain records for deviations, Supplier Rejections Notices (both external as well as inter-plant)
• Supervise Quality Technicians Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in either Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Business Management, or Quality and a minimum of five (5) experience in manufacturing and production operations.
• Minimum of five (5) years experience related to inspection techniques and procedures.
• Must have working knowledge of ISO or QS9001 quality systems or the latest version.
• Must have the ability to read complex documents so as to be able to comprehend the intent of the document.
• Should have specialized training in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, ability to read and interpret blueprints, product standards (internal as well as external to Snap-on) and requirements, and statistical techniques.
• Must be able to communicate with peers and subordinates. Must have basic knowledge of production machines, tool & fixture design, and safe operating practices and procedures and basic understanding of mathematical principals.
• Ability to supervise a small staff
• Knowledge of safety of product being produced for the customer.
• Demonstrated experience with FMEA, Six Sigma, SPC and other quality or technical tools
• Quality certification CQA preferred.
• Black Belt and demonstrated experience to solve quality problems
We are an EEOC compliant employer, we follow all Federal Employment Laws