Safety and Facility Maintenance Manager
Montgomery, AL 36105 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SAFETY LEADER THAT HAS A MAINTENANCE BACKGROUND
Key Result Areas
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace. Survey to identify and evaluate occupational health, safety and environmental conditions. Conduct and coordinate on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Develop controls for identified hazards. Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials. Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information. Assist in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation. Conduct Safety Committee meetings.
- Compile, analyze, interpret and report accident, loss, and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards. Review injury and property damage reports. Responsible for the overall administration of workers' compensation program.
- Direct environmental compliance programs related to hazardous wastes, air permitting, water pollution control, and community right-to-know programs. Incorporate essential occupational health, safety, and environmental requirements in all purchasing and control actions. Recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies.
- Manages and directs work programs for the maintenance of buildings, plumbing systems, and electrical systems, alarm systems, landscaping and parking areas. Directly manage facility programs to sustain AC, heating, air handling, compressed air, humidity systems, shipping & receiving equipment, roofing and security systems
- Conduct weekly audits and performance checks to ensure compliance is met within our audit required areas or responsibility. Audits that are inspected weekly to meet our annual requirement are; ISO 9001, BRC areas.
Business – Will require thorough knowledge of the facility and all local, state and federal laws and its capabilities in order to better serve the employees.
Functional –Will require sound practical understanding of the facility in all facets of the business.
Knowledge and experience –10 plus years working within Safety and Facility fields.
Educational training required –
- Bachelor’s Degree Business Management,
- Environmental Health & Safety Certification,
- OSHA Safety training 30 Hour Course
- Commitment to organizational values,
This position has 1 direct report and 154 indirect reports