Sales Engineer (Technical Support)
Hampton, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Sales & Marketing Engineer is a key member of a team responsible for driving sales and profitable growth in a defined territory. Application Engineers are the primary technical resource for field sales and are responsible for developing winning proposals for our products and solutions and actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Sales & Marketing Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for all technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Sales & Marketing Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Develop and maintain an expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Assist in development of value propositions for our products and solutions.
- Articulate technology / product positioning and value propositions to users, integrators, and consultants. Assists sales in writing and influencing customer specifications.
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, develop winning proposals for our products and solutions.
- Perform technical product and application training for sales people, consultants, and engineers at targeted accounts.
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in Salesforce.com.
- Develops collaborative business/personal relationships with agents and customers for the purpose of effective product/solution sales and identifying customer needs and wants for input into new product development.
- Cleanse, technically and commercially, incoming orders and coordinates with engineering and manufacturing to ensure prompt scheduling and order acknowledgement.
- Assists with after sales and warranty services.
- Provide status of ongoing and future projects.
- Act as back-up to regional sales managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% domestically on short notice.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Possess excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with emphasis in power systems.
- Experience: Two years of experience in engineering of or technical support of electrical equipment in the power industry.