Senior Operations Manager
McDonough, GA 34444 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The Senior Operations Manager
Distribution Center provides leadership to the supervisory staff by coaching and mentoring the team responsible for all budgetary, personnel development and operational objectives for the warehouse. They will develop positive employee relations and build leadership bench strengths within the distribution center.
Job Duties: The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered "Essential Functions" and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform "Essential Functions" of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the "Essential Functions".
Primary Duties: Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current ? Ensures the physical condition of warehouse and equipment are properly maintained
- Ensures work orders for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment are submitted to the appropriate persons
- Confers with others to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with activities of other functional areas such as customer service and sales
- Partners with the customer to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by providing consistent communication and following up on customer concerns and requests
- Ensures safe operation of the warehouse including meeting company standards for sanitation, maintenance, security and housekeeping Effectively manages the budget and P&L of the operation
- Ensures operational excellence in all warehouse areas, related equipment, and warehouse management systems
- Partners with engineering to implement and maintain proper layout of warehouse and product placement
- Monitors and ensures facility key performance indicators (KPI) are met in a timely and cost effective manner to ensure the profitability and productivity of the distribution center
- Ensures payroll integrity for direct reports and reporting teams
- Leads cultural change within facilities whenever necessary
- Ensures compliance with CTPAT, ISO, AIB, and others regulatory certifications as applicable
- Provides hands on management of the distribution center including interviewing, hiring, and training supervisory and hourly staff; planning, assigning, and directing work; and appraising performance to create a strong company culture
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems
- Other duties as required and assigned Requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university
- Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 6 to 8 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and training
- Experience with warehouse management systems
- Experience with labor management systems and productivity initiatives preferred
- Lean certifications preferred
- Must be PC literate and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint Essential Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form Environment:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.