Acworth, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Service Technician (Cranes)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The fundamental duties of this job include the:
Ability to erect, climb, dismantle and perform maintenance and repairs to cranes and personnel/material hoists.
Assists Service Manager and Shop Foreman with maintenance and repair of cranes and hoists when not assigned to jobsite.
Provides assistance with proper loading of equipment on trucks for transporting.
Applicable knowledge of OSHA safety regulations as they apply to crane and hoist erection, dismantle, climbing, maintenance and repair.
Complies with Company and Regulatory safety requirements and specifications on job sites and in the district yard and shop.
Notifies District Manager of unsafe conditions or practices and Corporate Safety Director, National Service Manager or Operations Manager if District Manager is not available.
Understanding and proper use of Company supplied safety equipment as required, including hard hats, safety glasses, body harnesses, etc. in compliance with Company policy.
Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner.
This includes the wearing of Company supplied uniforms, and the maintenance of Company vehicles, tools and equipment.
Submission of required service reports, expense reports, time sheets and other documents as requested.
All such documents must be processed and submitted within designated timeframes established by the home office.
Ability and willingness to work overtime to accommodate the needs of the business. This includes “on call status” as required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/LICENSES REQUIRED: The technical skills and licenses required in this position include the:
- Requirement to maintain a valid State driver’s license
- Ability to operate all yard and shop equipment.
- Training service technician trainees and shop personnel in current procedures and programs as directed by the District Service manager
- This includes submission of the proper documentation of trainees as required by the Company.
- Requirements to attend training courses and seminars as requested by the Company.
- May be required to maintain a current CPR and First Aid Certification.