Service Technician (Crane)
Acworth, GA 30101 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Service Technician (Cranes)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to erect, climb, dismantle and perform maintenance and repairs to cranes and personnel/material hoists.
- Assists Service Manager and Shop Foreman with maintenance and repair of cranes and hoists when not assigned to jobsite.
- Provides assistance with proper loading of equipment on trucks for transporting.
- Applicable knowledge of OSHA safety regulations as they apply to crane and hoist erection, dismantle, climbing, maintenance and repair.
- Complies with Company and Regulatory safety requirements and specifications on job sites and in the district yard and shop.
- Notifies District Manager of unsafe conditions or practices and Corporate Safety Director, National Service Manager or Operations Manager if District Manager is not available.
- Understanding and proper use of Company supplied safety equipment as required, including hard hats, safety glasses, body harnesses, etc. in compliance with Company policy.
- Ability to represent the Company in a professional manner.
- This includes the wearing of Company supplied uniforms, and the maintenance of Company vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Submission of required service reports, expense reports, time sheets and other documents as requested.
- All such documents must be processed and submitted within designated time frames established by the home office.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime to accommodate the needs of the business. This includes “on call status” as required.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/LICENSES REQUIRED: The technical skills and licenses required in this position include the:
- Requirement to maintain a valid State driver’s license
- Ability to operate all yard and shop equipment.
- Training service technician trainees and shop personnel in current procedures and programs as directed by the District Service manager
- This includes submission of the proper documentation of trainees as required by the Company.
- Requirements to attend training courses and seminars as requested by the Company.
- May be required to maintain a current CPR and First Aid Certification.