Houston, TX 77066 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Software and control Engineer
- Creates, maintains and updates all project-related software.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Consults with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Specifies project-related computer hardware and submits to Project Engineering for inclusion in BOM.
- Implements and tests software for proper operation before project shipment.
- Commissions software for proper operation at customer’s site.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with customer and consults with customer concerning maintenance of software system.
- Provides Engineering support to Field Service for software-related issues
- Receives change orders for software-related content adjusts scope, cost and delivery as necessary
- Works with Sales to provide budgetary costing for software-computer content of proposals.
- Works with Purchasing to find acceptable vendors.
College degree and experience OR OEM training with PLC and control software.
EE degree with experience is a great combination for this position.
We are an EEOC compliant employer and follow all federal employment and labor laws