Supplier Quality Engineer
Toccoa, GA 30577 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Objectives: To define the responsibilities and authority for the Supplier Quality Engineer.
Responsibility: This position reports directly to the Quality Manager
Key Responsibilities/ Assignments for Position:
- Works with Suppliers, Engineers, Program Management and other to ensure the Quality of purchased components and materials used in the manufacturing process.
- Visits Suppliers as necessary in order to initiate improvement activities by conducting audits and verifying that countermeasures are effective. Holds meetings as necessary.
- Directs the activities of the receiving inspectors to ensure parts are inspected to the established quality plans; ensures the timely release of incoming materials to Production.
- Assist as needed in training new and existing employees either on the job or using detailed instructions
- Assists with and maintain the Quality Department Training Matrices for receiving personnel.
- Assist with managing third party labor and supplier representatives performing work as to ensure control of all product and personnel during the sorting process.
- Ensure reported data from assigned area is accurate and complete.
- Work closely with the production & quality team to insure quality discrepancies or other issues of concern are managed immediately according to the NCM (Non-Conforming Material) Procedure including proper containment.
- Issues daily and weekly reports to the suppliers to assist in the resolution of quality issues.
- Assignment and follow up of Corrective Action Measures to Suppliers to ensure effective countermeasures are implemented in a timely manner.
- Maintaining excellent records of inspection and supplier issues and correspondence by utilization of the Wincarat Database System; maintains the inspection skip lot system.
- Informs and updates the Quality Manager and other relevant Managers of ongoing supplier issues and when new quality issues arise.
- Perform Layered Process Audits-LPA according to LPA schedules and checklists.
- Communicate quality issues and performance results from previous shifts during daily shift meetings
- Review of processes and product to recommend improvements to eliminate defects or waste
- Precise decision making ability on OK and NOK material with an extreme sense of urgency
- Ensure all material is properly identified from the receipt of parts throughout the inspection and approval process until parts are moved to the production racks. NOTE: Current status of parts must be identified and visual on product at all times.
- Aid in establishing inspection procedures and other work instructions
- Participate as member of the Material Review Board (MRB) as requested.
- Review, disposition and timely disposal of incoming and production scrap deemed supplier related. Maintain cleanliness and order in both the Incoming Inspection and Sperllager areas on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Adhere to all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA
- Support the implementation and continual improvement of the defined 5s standards
- Computer skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and comprehend quality standards
- Ability to clearly communicate quality issues to the Suppliers
- Sense of Urgency is Critical
- High School Diploma/ GED Equivalent
- Good vision and eyesight
- Ability to stand for extended period of time
- Ability to work overtime as required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.