Supply Chain/Logistics Manager
Lawrenceburg, TN 38464 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
The supply chain manager is responsible for overseeing the movement, distribution and storage of materials as well as production scheduling activities. He / She will control the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished products to ensure on time shipment as well as line stock by schedule. The supply chain manager will oversee warehouse, inventory control, material handling, transportation and purchasing employees to include but not limited to assisting in hiring, preparing worker schedules and ensure safety rules are followed. The supply chain manager will be responsible for negotiating shipping and supplier costs as well as working to improve the efficiency of the company’s supply chain.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Strategically plan and manage shipping, receiving, warehouse, transportation and purchasing personnel and transactions
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Guide daily production scheduling in line with available resources
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train direct reports
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and DOT requirements
- Select carriers and third-party services
- Negotiate third party contracts and rates
- Ensure all shipments are compliant with interstate traffic laws and regulations
- Respond to shipping complaints, lost items, and damages
- Determine needs for expansion of routes and schedules
- Track and report shipment results
- Develop and document standard operating procedures
- Analyze financial impact of logistics changes, routing, shipping modes, etc.
- Design, assess, and implement new strategies and initiatives
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with company processes
- Assist logistics team members when needed to meet schedule
- Proactively report product and material availability issues
- Maintain material tracking information in ERP system, Microsoft NAV
- Provide effective team and project management duties and achieve project completion timelines
- Maintain strong relationships with third-party customers and suppliers, internal and external.
- Think and act analytically to achieve effective solutions, with exceptional attention to detail and ability to solve practical job-related problems.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested
Education and Experience
- 3+ years of experience as a manager, supervisor, or relevant position
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business preferred
- ERP experience, Microsoft NAV preferred
- Effective negotiation skills
- Experience in industry procedures, costs, and terms
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and application
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite of software (Microsoft NAV included)
- Skills in developing effective working relationships with all levels of production and management
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative style.
We are an EEOC compliant employer, we follow all Federal Employment laws