Fort Worth, TX 76137 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all facets of system design, on sight setup, correct deployment, maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation for field deployed Parallel camera system for live broadcast events.
- In a "Live Event" production, troubleshoot, resolve and document remote live event technical needs.
- Maintain, diagnose, and repair all issues with equipment
- Direct field teams in proper use of field equipment, setup, tear down, and troubleshooting
- Design and update equipment as needed
- Prepare and update technical manuals, troubleshooting guides and operating manuals
- No Direct supervisory duties
Material and Equipment Used
- Software suites (LabVIEW, Eagle, PRO/E, Solid Works, AutoCAD)
- Computer languages, supporting several microcontroller languages including (machine code, Arduino, .NET, ATMEL, Python, PASCAL, C++, Ladder, Function Block)
- Communication systems (Hardware and Software) including RS232, RS422, 485, TCP/IP, UDP, Fiber Optic, Copper, and RF, FSK, AFSK)
- Field and Test equipment including Multi-meter, signal analyzer, video and Audio Equipment
- H.264 decoding and encoding equipment
- Solid understanding of electrical (low Voltage and High Voltage single and 3 phase) power, industrial and servo motor controls systems, communications systems, electronic design, optics, signal and image processing.
- Excellent working knowledge of the principles, terminology, tools, and equipment utilized in the area of television production/broadcast engineering
- Solid understanding of electrical theroy as it applies to electronic design, electrical,power, microprocessor control, FPGA, control theory, MEMs, IC, and feedback loops.
- Solid understanding of principles of JIT manufacturing and fabrication with regard to life-cycle asset management and delivery schedule
- Understanding of broadcast engineering in the context of television network operations
- Understanding of automation and cotrol of servo motors, Brushed and Brushless Motors, Gimbal systems and circuit design
- Ability to communicate effectively, appropriately, and succinctly in dynamic situations
- Familiarity with engineering and working standards such as Ingress Protection, NEMA, UL, ANSI, IBC, IEEE
- Bachelor's Degree in EE, CE, ME IE, or similar from ABET accredited college degree required
- Must have at least 3 years experience in engineering design, field engineering, or engineering management role
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.