Test Engineer (Network & Scripting)
Bend, OR 94085 | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Test Engineer- Networking (Content Delivery)
This position will reside in Bend, Oregon
If you have the skill set and experience to perform Network testing for advanced application development
• Experience with configuring TCP networks, traffic shapers, setup labs & systems setup and configuration.
• Installation and configuration of servers and performing functional, load & performance tests.
• Must be able to create automation scripts to improve productivity.
• Identify customer network configurations and translate them into detailed test plans and test cases.
• Understand the product/feature usage by enterprise customers and concentrate on use case scenarios to reveal the quality blockers.
• Communicate product defects to product management and engineering team in clear & concise format in the bug database.
• Work closely with engineering on new features and network configurations.
Skills & Qualifications:
• BS or MS in engineering/computer science with 2+ years of direct experience in testing client/server network applications. Documented experience with examples of work will be considered in lieu of engineering degree
- Experience automating tests on both Windows, Mac, and Linux systems.
- Must have some programming & scripting experience in Python, Java, C#, Perl
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work in high pressure environment.
- Proactive, and able to work with minimal supervision.
Great to have:
• Experience with Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud.
• Experience with content delivery networks or software solutions for content delivery.
• Experience with Grid Computing, P2P technologies, Video codecs
• Experience with Live and VOD Streaming protocols (RTMP, HLS, Dash, Smooth)