Warehouse Team Lead
Toccoa, GA | Direct-Hire (Perm)
Warehouse Team Lead
The responsibility of the Warehouse Team Lead is to assign activities of the work area, including but not limited to, loading/unloading of shipments, moving material to different departments and assisting the dispatch clerk. Independently lead a team, as well as taking on the disciplinary responsibility of assigned employees. They will perform the assigned tasks according to the direction of their manager. The Warehouse Team Lead will report to the Logistics Manager.
Sole Responsibility / Assignments to be completed by the position:
* Ensure that all assignments in his/her area of responsibility be completed in a way that is accurate, on scheduled, speedy and economical
* Preparation of daily shipments
* Assigns activities of the work area
* Guarantees proper and appropriate processes of his/her work areas
* Team Lead will motivate, instruct, guide, and supervise all direct reports of assigned area
* Support the implementation of the defined 5s standard
* Ensure that all safety guidelines outlined by OSHA and company are followed
* Immediately report any changes in quality, production, safety, security, and environment to the Logistics Manager
* Get information about the production plan before the start of the shift.
* Takes over responsibilities and communications from the previous shift.
* Coordinate with other departments of the company to promote good communication, good quality, and the best interest of the company
* Monitor production to ensure that time and labor align with the needs of the business
* Independent monitoring after initial training and informs the manager of any issues.
* Forwards suggestions for improvement to manager.
* Comply with all regulations regarding workplace safety and accident prevention in everyday operations as well as informing the manager if deviations are detected during the shift.
Other Main Duties:
* Works with the material planner in regards to the planning of incoming and outgoing goods
* Be the “go to” person for the team through clear information and motivation
* Check for compliance and maintenance of forklifts
* Accurately complete appropriate paperwork and/or enter into computer
* Assist in the training of new employees
* Continuous participation in improvement of processes and procedures
* Behave in a positive manner that enhances the success of the company
* Responsible for the cleanliness of the work area
* Ensure all regulations regarding order and cleanliness are complied with throughout the company.
* Contributes continuously to improve processes, procedures, operational figures, and informs the manager about suggestions for improvements.
* Other duties as assigned by manager
- Forklift certified
- Work experience in warehouse or shipping/receiving
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to read and comprehend
- Applicants must have at least a High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Must have good vision and eyesight
- Be a self-starter and work independently
- Must be productive in a team environment
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Required to work overtime as scheduled
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.