Fairburn, GA 30213
The Application Engineer supports the outside sales team with new equipment proposals and technical consultation regarding large custom industrial equipment projects.
- Application Engineering activities include equipment selection and layout, developing cost estimates, preparing equipment proposals, and presenting project expectations to stakeholders at project kick-off.
- The Application Engineer is an internal and external client facing role and must have strong presentation and communication skills, as this role routinely presents information to key stakeholders.
- Develop new equipment proposals and layout drawings
- Develop project cost estimates
- Support outside sales team with technical consultation and strategy
- Travel with outside team to sales calls, attend trade shows, sales meetings, etc. 15%
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an ABET accredited school
Experience in CAPEX equipment sales is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated team leadership, ability to prioritize urgent issues/demands, strong attention to detail
- Ability to apply engineering and business principles and practices in day to day decision making
- Engineering CAD skills a must / AutoCAD 2D and Inventor 3D preferred, MS Office
- Develop and Maintain relationships with both customers and outside vendors
- Strategic Thinker - Develops strategies to achieve goals and understands team's strengths & weaknesses
- Business Travel: 15%-20% of time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and follow all Federal and State employment laws.