Bundle Shop Mechanic
Saint Gabriel, LA 70776
Under the direction of the Assembly Shop Foreman, the mechanic assembles bundles and components used in shell and tube heat exchangers, dismantles old exchangers and /or bundles for retubing and/or repair, and test bundles and exchangers to determine suitability for use.
* Plans layout of baffles.
* Cuts baffles using proper equipment.
* Assembles tie rods and spacers on the bundle skeleton.
* Hangs the stationary tube sheets, poke tubes into baffle assembly.
* Rolls tubes placed into tube sheets and baffles.
* Install bundle into shell if required.
* Performs hydrostatic testing of assembled units.
* Loads completed units onto flatbed trucks.
* Makes tube hole ID records, hydro test results and dimensional records of exchangers.
* Performs assigned tasks in a safe manner, avoiding all unsafe practices.
* Performs internal quality control by applying acceptable boilermaker standards.
* Sets up and performs jobs based on shop practices and procedures.
* Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge- H. S. Diploma or equivalent; or equivalent experience, knowledge of fab shop practices.
Skills- Read and write English language, able to read and interpret drawings, accurately read and interpret measuring devices.
Working Conditions- Heat, noisy, dusty, dirty, cold, chemical exposures, pinching hazards, stand for periods of time, able to bend, push/pull, twist, squat, crawl, lift & climb, requires 50 lb. Lifting ability, and exposed to normal shop hazards.
Pay Rate: $13 per hour to start with potential increases once you demonstrate a good work ethic and skill level!
You may start the application process on our website, www.apstemps.com. Once you have completed the online application please contact our branch at the number below to set up an interview. Please bring unexpired documents/forms for the I-9 process.
Automation Personnel Services
11445 Coursey Blvd. Ste Q
Baton Rouge, La 70815
Background and drug screen required!
Equal Opportunity Employer